The 1991 ensemble comedy Soapdish is a masterpiece. In fact, it is one of comedian and actress Cristela Alonzo‘s (Twitter, Instagram) favorite movie. I mean, it has an ALL STAR CAST that includes Sally Field, Kevin Kline, Whoopi Goldberg, Robert Downey, Jr., Elisabeth Shue, Carrie Fisher, Teri Hatcher, Cathy Moriarty, Garry Marshall, Kathy Najimy — this cast was STACKED. The movie is very hyperrealistic, hyper self-aware and hyper high camp. It is almost a perfect comedy… except that ending. In this week’s episode Alonzo unpacks the good, the bad and the very bad about Soapdish.
- Problematic Fave Podcast: Valerie Complex Talks Fun And Fatigue Of TIFF And Film Festival Life
- ‘Knock At The Cabin’ Trailer: To No Surprise M. Night Shyamalan’s Home Invasion Pic Has A Fucked Up Twist
- Chloé Zhao Signs Multi-Year First-Look TV Deal With Searchlight
- ‘Welcome To Chippendales’ Teaser Trailer: Kumail Nanjiani Is Giving Serious Stripping Empire Crime Boss Energy In Hulu Limited Series
- ‘Hellraiser’ Trailer: Jamie Clayton Gets To The Point As Pinhead In Hulu Reimagining Of Clive Barker Horror Classic