The Toronto International Film Festival took place from September 8 to 18 and… our guest Valerie Complex (Instagram, Twitter) has thoughts. This week Dino-Ray Ramos and the Deadline journalist have a conversation about this year’s TIFF and the ups and downs about that film festival life. From TIFF to Sundance to Venice to Telluride to Cannes to SXSW, they have been to many festivals and have had many… interesting experiences. More than that, the pair discuss how the festival circuit plays into the Hollywood ecosystem and how major festivals are in desperate need for more inclusivity in their press pool.
- The Beyoncé RENAISSANCE Diaries: A Moment, Movement, And Homecoming
- TIFF: ‘Dicks: The Musical’, ‘Origin’, ‘Sing Sing’ ‘Expats’, And Zendaya & Anne Hathaway’s Bulgari Ad Among Standouts At Toronto Fest
- Problematic Fave Podcast: Peppermint Talks Whodunit Comedy ‘Murder By Death’ And The Yellowface Of It All
- The Great ‘Here Lies Love’ Divide: Filipino-Fronted Broadway Show Causes Mirrorball Rift In Culture
- Problematic Fave Podcast: Dylan Adler Talks The Queerness Of ‘Kung Fu Panda’